Malaysia International Economic Communication Association (MIECA / PPEAM / 马来西亚 国际经济交流协会)
Is A Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organization Incorporated Under The Trustees Act 1952, With The Mission To Form Effective Communication Channels On All Levels
Between Malaysia And The Rest Of The World.
MIECA was founded and established on the solid foundation built by the association’s honorary life president Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding (丹斯里拿督斯里刘贤镇), former Malaysia Minister for Science, Technology & Environment. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding’s close relationship with China traces back over 30 years, when China first opened its doors to the world. Over the years, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding has continuously strengthened ties between the two nations. In light of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI / 一带一路倡议) brought forward by China, MIECA aims to forge ahead with this vision.
MIECA is currently the authorized comprehensive strategic cooperation partner of China Group Companies Association (CGCA / 中国集团公司促进会) from Malaysia as of May 2017. CGCA is an association hosting close to 300 member organizations in which many of them are World Top 500 Companies. MIECA has also formed a close working relationship with China International Cultural Communication Center (CICCC / 中国国际文化传播中心), the leading authority in the Belt and Road Initiative involved in cultural communication development of China to all BRI member countries. MIECA strives to improve the welfare of Malaysian citizens through an array of social events, forums, programs and other joint efforts between Malaysia and the rest of the world.
OBJECTIVES OF OUR INITIATIVES
- MIECA as an organizational platform to provide a meeting ground for BRI-related matters
- Main authorized organization for the advancement of BRI from China to the rest of the world
- Promote Malaysia by bringing forward our way of life from home to state affairs onto the international stage
- Encourage China to utilize Malaysia and its judiciary system as an independent geopolitical platform in the pursuit of renminbi (RMB) internationalization
- Make Malaysia the internationally recognized independent gold exchange, to fuel interest amongst all BRI countries to eventually have a reserve currency, that will be gold-backed
- Aerospace development, primarily focused on transfer of technologies and codevelopment of defense requirements
- Co-development of satellite capabilities involving GPS, telecommunications, remote sensing and real-time imaging for public and industrial security, as well as bandwidth availability for our airspace
- Infrastructure development, bridging bankability through equity collaboration on public-private partnerships to realize commercially challenging projects
- Cultural harmonization development through collaborations in film-making and organizing international events
- Science and technology development through institutionalized approach, putting together innovative architecture shared across the region
- Improving the global education system by forging effective bilateral and multilateral partnerships between reputable educational institutions
- Organizing charity events and fundraisers for those in need, for example: orphans, single parents, the physically or mentally challenged and so on
- Organizing BRI-themed International Fashion Week
- Organizing BRI-themed International Film Festival and Awards
- Organizing BRI-themed economic forums